This exterior walls of this residential property in London was in urgent need of "weatherproofing " due to excessive damp patches in the flats. The external colored render was less that 5 years old and was already cracking and porous allowing rain to enter the substrate.Major gaps around the windows was also allowing water to enter and cause damage to the render and cavity wall insulation. After consultation with our clients MASTEX carried out all the remedial works as requested working with there own in house surveyor. One of the requirements was a flexible coating that would remain clean and crack free for at least 15 years, Andura fine texture classic 21 was the product used.
* Erect scaffolding to all elevations
* Remove and replace all blown rendering
* Cut back all cracks and fill with epoxy resin
* Fill all voids around door and window frames.
* Mask all areas not to be treated.
* Apply a primer base coat by airless spray.
* Trowel fill all imperfections on surface.
* Apply Andura top coat by high pressure spray.
* Demask and cleanup on completion.
* Strip scaffold touching in scaffold tubes marks
at the same time.
* Check with clients and sign the contract off.
Please click on a photo to enlarge
Please click on a photo to enlarge
This property sits high on the cliffs overlooking the sea in Bournemouth Divided up into holiday flats the building was in need of urgent external works due to the salt laden atsomphere.With wall tie falure, blown rendering and extensive penertrating damp it really was time for a major overall of the external walls.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE WORKS
1 Replacement and isolation of existing cavity
2. Removal and replacement of blown render
and structural brick replacement
3. Extensive crack stitching
4. Power washing all areas of building.
5. Applying a biocide to all areas to be treated.
6. Masking all areas not to be treated.
7. Applying primer base coat to all areas
8. Apply the top coat using Graco High Pressure
9. De Mask and clean up on completion
High-Performance Coating Systems
For further information or a free survey and quotation on any of our systems please call us on Telephone : 0203-693-3797 or use the contact form below
This property in Tunbridge Wells was just outside its NHBC guarantee scheme when the owner came across major problems with the external walls. A survey by there insurance company found the following problems and we was instructed to rectify the problems that had been found.
! / All of the external render was cracking and coming away from the blockwork.
2 / Large areas of pointing was eroding
3 / All of the main copings on the property was loose with no lead DPC under them.
4 / Cavity wall ties missing on various elevations.
5 / Cavity bridged in various areas with mortar. causing internal damp problems
SPECIFICATIONS FOR WORKS
1 / Scaffold complete property
2 / Remove all render and replace
3 / Apply TEXCRETE sprayed coating to all new render
4 / Remove all copings
5 / Insert new lead DPC capping to the cavity.
6 / Replace with new cast stone copings to all areas as required.
7 / Repoint all defective pointing
8 / Insert new cavity wall ties on all elevations
9 / Clean cavities of all bridging mortar.
LONDON W1 FLATS
This was a straight forward contract for us apart from the heavy security
and health and safety requirements
One of the flats in this block caught fire and severely damaged the K Rend
external rendering and we was awarded the contract for the renovation of the external elevation as shown.
! / Clean down elevation removing all soot and damaged fittings.
2 / Remove all damaged K Rend rendering
3 / Replace all K Rend to match existing substrate.
4 / Mask all areas not to be treated
5 / Apply a stablising coat to the fire damaged areas
6 / Apply Texcrete primer to all areas.
7 / Apply by Heavy Duty Spray TEXCRETE COATING to all areas.